This program is a half day seminar on impact VR has on psychological therapy and medical rehabilitation. Before the break we will start with a session called Advanced Medical Rehabilitation, after the break we continue with The Transformation of Psychological Therapy. Each session will consist of three 20 minute presentations by an academic researcher, a company that works in the field and a recent project. After the three presentations a panel with the three presenters, an industry expert and an academic researcher will follow.
Session 1: Advanced Medical Rehabilitation
- Wim Veling – University of Groningen (20 min.)
- Stefan Vogelzang – ViemR (20 min.)
- Benno Brada and Marijke Sjollema – Dolphin Swim Club (20 min.)
Industry panel (30 min.)
- Moderator: Edward Miller
Session 2: Transformation of Psychological Therapy
- Skip Rizzo – University of Southern California
- Robert Overweg – Beyond Care
- Dana-Maria Faneker – CaptainVR
Industry panel (30 min.) including Mark van der Gaag.
- Moderator: Theis Madsen
- Where do we see the applications of VR going?
- Do we need more trials and if so, how do we conduct trials on a larger scale?
- How do we roll this out on a large scale and what are the cost and benefits if we do so?