Zillah is Commissioning Editor for Virtual Reality at the BBC and heads up the BBC VR Hub.
1. What are the most inspiring aspects of your work in XR?
Watching people’s excitement when they experience awesome VR.
2. What is the most promising, exciting development now happening?
We’re really starting to understand how to tell stories well in VR, and the technology is now supporting that.
3. What is the blind spot in XR, something that people seem to overlook?
Audiences! We need put the audience at the centre of XR now.
4. What areas in XR have the biggest growth potential and why?
5. Where will XR be in five to ten years from now?
6. Anything else you would like to share with us?
Bio Zilla Watson
Zillah Watson is Commissioning Editor for Virtual Reality at the BBC and heads up the BBC VR Hub. She is executive producer of a number of critically acclaimed VR experiences for the BBC including We Wait and The Turning Forest. She led the development of 360 VR for BBC News and is the author of VR for News: The New Reality, published by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism in 2017. A former TV and radio current affairs producer and head of editorial standards for BBC Radio 4, she recently worked in BBC Research & Development for four years to understand the future of content and online curation.